Sunday, August 24, 2014

GOBBLE GOOBLE HEY!

(9-28-12)   AND YOUR BIRD CAN SING...Can't leave September without wishin' a happy B-Day (9/10) to artist, musician, cabaret performer, charter Bloogist and long time friend  RICK "ANDTHEDOG" WHITMORE! I first met Rick in the mid-'90's. We were the only two people in a city of Deadheads who dug the BONZO DOG BAND. Rick was the first person I got to know in this " scene ".  Through Rick I got to meet most of the people I now call my friends. Rick and I have been to an amazing number of great shows together; like Buffalo Springfield, The Kinks, John Entwistle's and Ron Asheton's last shows in L.A., and of course The STOOGES at the Palladium.  He  also turned me on to some great gigs ( NRBQ, Meat Puppets )  that I never would have gone to on my own. Thanks for being a pal, Rick!

   BTW...This picture is of Rick performing at Jean SpinoSa's  fabulous WIG-OUT cabaret, usually held on the last Thursday of the month at The 3 Cubs night club in Hollywood. Jean's show just made LA Weekly's list of the " 10 Best Clubs For People Who Don't Like Clubs". When you're in town be sure to check it out! Don't forget your wig....

No comments:

Post a Comment