Monday, August 25, 2014

1966, OK


    (10-9-12) MY FAVORITE YEAR...In the shops and on the radio in Los Angeles, October 1966: "Good Vibrations", "Happenings Ten Years Time Ago", " I Don't Know What To Do With Myself"," Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby ( Standing In The Shadows)", "That's Life", "( Reach Out ) I'll Be There"," You Keep Me Hanging On"," Psychotic Reaction", "Stop Stop Stop", "Walk Away Renee"," Devil With A Blue Dress On/Good Golly Miss Molly", "Cherry Cherry", "Mellow Yellow", "I Can't Control Myself", "Gimmie Some Lovin'", "Talk Talk", "Society's Child", "Why Pick On Me?"" I'm Your Puppet", & "96Tears"..not bad. And that's just our local charts; not counting the rest of the U.S.A. or the English, R&B, or Country charts.
   BTW..This info was 'borrowed' from the book "SMILE, The Story of Brian Wilson's Lost Masterpiece" by Domenic Priore. Thanks you, sir.
  
   P.S. The STOOGES 'borrowed' the riff of The YARDBIRD's "Happenings Ten Year's Time Ago" for "I'm Sick Of You". See Blooge Archives for "DAY 12 A.I 12/19/11.


   FUN FACT:  My Mom thought the STONES were singing: "Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Showers."

No comments:

Post a Comment