Tuesday, March 3, 2015

CAMERA OBSCURA


  (10-23-12 #2)  CORRUPTION...As a lonely juvenile record geek not only did I play my LP's constantly but I'd stare at the covers and read the liner notes over and over again. I'd also check out the pictures of all the other LP's featured on the paper inner sleeve that housed the record itself. One of the LP pictures I looked at every time I played an album on the ATCO/ATLANTIC label is the one shown on today's blooge. If a kid could have a crush on an album cover then I did on this one. So imagine my surprise 40 years later when I saw this album on the wall of a record store in Williamsburg and I found out that my ancient teenage dream girl was actually our future Queen of Gloom and Doom Christa Paffgen aka NICO! Who would have guessed that the woman on the LP cover ( b. 10/16 ) would one day be recording "The End" and writing songs like "Janitor of Lunacy"?


    "I used to be naive. Thanks to Nico I got corrupt. "  IGGY 1977

No comments:

Post a Comment