Saturday, June 9, 2012

RAW SOUL POWER

(5-3-12) THE PUNK MEETS THE GODFATHER..Today should be a national holiday, it being the B-Day of one of my all time musical heroes JAMES BROWN (b.1933) who despite all his accomplishments is somehow curiously under-rated in our American culture ( maybe if he had been more traditionally..handsome...?). IGGY knew..check out his appreciation of JB in Rolling Stone magazine's " 100 GREATEST SINGERS" issue ( JB is #10, IGGY is #75 ?!?).
BTW, that's me dead center in the middle of this picture ( with the two strands of hair almost reaching my eyebrow )..on the good foot and feeling so good..so good..
P.S. IGGY recorded a song called "Mr Dynamite" on his Soldier LP.

COUNTRYCLUBBIN'
I think I was at this show too, at the Country Club in Reseda, This recording may be the  very same show!
...Little Stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment