Monday, March 10, 2014

EIN JUNGE NAMENS JOE

(9-6-12)       HE'LL HARM YOOOU...August 12, 1907 was the B-Day of JOE 'Stinky' BESSER. I had a fab pix of Besser with a pie in his kisser just waiting for this date but then my PC crashed and I lost all my photos. Whilst trying in vain to find that shot again I ran across this Johnny Cash German language B-Side called "BESSER So, Jenny-JOE".  What a trip, huh?
  BTW..I think Joe gets a bum rap when it comes to The Three Stooges. Sure, he's no CURLY or SHEMP but he no Curly-Joe either ( fools sometimes confuse the two ).  Joe's persona ( a confused and easily irritated infant ) was pretty ridiculous and some Stooge aficionados claim that Besser brought some needed energy to the later Stooge shorts. Joe had it in his contract that MOE could not hit him so by necessity the films became more character driven and plot heavy. Sometimes that could be a good thing because it gave LARRY more to do...oh, I've been smart all the time, only you didn't know it.
NOT SO LOUD!

No comments:

Post a Comment