Saturday, July 6, 2013

SLASH AND BORE


   7-24-2012 SWEET STOOGE OF MINE...July 23, 1965 is SLASH's B-Day. His guitar work is all over IGGY's"Brick By Brick" LP but for my money Slash's best solo is on "Ain't No Nice Guy" from MOTORHEAD's "March Or Die" CD. The only Guns N' Roses music I ever purchased was their "CIVIL WAR" cassette single, so instead of another boring shot of Slash's hat here's a painting of the Monitor and the Merrimac. Nothing cooler than an ironclad; to quote LINCOLN when he was first shown the design for the Monitor: "All I have to say is what the girl said when she stuck her foot in the stocking. It strikes me there's something in it."
  BTW..IGGY also sang and wrote the lyrics to a song called 'We're All Gonna Die" from Slash's solo CD. IGGY first left the lyrics on Slash's answering machine and Slash claimed it " set the tone for the whole record." Here's some sample lyrics:
  " Gee, I really like your tits,
    I'll say anything that fits.
    We're all gonna die,
    So lets get high.
    I'm in the mood,
    So let's intrude.
    Pee on the ground,

No comments:

Post a Comment