Friday, February 3, 2012

POP

 Feb. 1 is my father RICHARD 'DICK' O'CONNOR's B-Day. Here's a shot from the documentary VICTORY AT SEA of Dad (second from left) returning home from the Great Anti-Fascist Crusade of the mid-1940's. I never played golf with my dad like IGGY did with his but we saw a lot of each other, especially in his last few years. Can't honestly say we talked about much..on the day before he died he couldn't talk at all but he touched my hand,  looked me in the eye, and nodded his head slowly up and down a few times..I knew he always loved me but it felt like he was saying, "Hey,I love you as a son but I also LIKE you as a person...I think you turned out alright, and thanks for hanging out with me. Don't worry about your Dad...he's at peace." Miss you, Dad... 

1 comment: